There are three of us attemptng to hike the CT:

Rea Kreider (aka- Reanman). Rea is a retired middle school guidance director from Fort Collins, CO. Rea has hiked extensively throughout North America. He has climbed Denali in Alaska and many of the 14,000 footers in CO. For his retirement celebration in 2015, he rode his bicycle coast to coast. To the left is a picture of Rea and I in the Zirkel Wilderness near Steamboat, CO. Reaman is our Zen master!


Rea Kreider's profile photo

Jeff Harbour (aka- H). Jeff recently retired as a project manager for HP and lives in Fort Collins, CO. He has backpacked throughout North America, and since retiring, loves to travel in his "Vango" around the country with his wife Sue. This is a picture of Jeff in the Winds Wilderness, Wyoming. H is our master food dehydrator. Yum!

And me, Jim Eaves (aka- Nightscreamer- Just look at the mug. It explains it all!) I retired in 2016 after 34 years of teaching and serving as a school principal. I love to backpack and canoe trip and have traveled across North America to get my fix- Often with these knuckleheads. I'm a jack of all trades and a master of none.

I leave for Colorado on Friday, July 13 from Manchester Airport (Approx. 500 ft), and we will be at the CT Trailhead (Approx. 9,000ft.) , Monday, July 16. Not much time to acclimate...I can feel the headache coming on!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiking to End 68 Hours of Hunger